Safeguarding determines the actions that we take to keep children safe and protect them from harm in all aspects of their school life. As a school we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of our pupils.
School staff play an essential role in protecting children from abuse. They have regular contact with children so are in a strong position to identify signs of abuse and neglect.
- create safe environments for children through robust safeguarding practices
- ensure that adults who work in the school, including volunteers, don’t pose a risk to children
- make sure staff are trained, know how to respond to concerns and keep-up-to-date with policy and practice
- teach children about staying safe
- maintain an environment where children feel confident to approach any member of staff if they have a worry or problem.
The actions that we take to prevent harm; to promote wellbeing; to create safe environments; to educate on rights, respect and responsibilities; to respond to specific issues and vulnerabilities all form part of the safeguarding responsibilities of the school. As such, this overarching policy will link to other policies which will provide more information and greater detail.
Please click on the button below to view our Safeguarding Policy