Twyford St Mary CE Primary School prides itself on promoting a range of activities through the taught curriculum, extra-curricular activities and visits, which promote an active lifestyle.
We support the government’s initiative to combat obesity and enjoy being active and believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children. As a school, we want to create an excitement about physical activities where every child feels confident and ready to participate.
Our Primary Sports Premium funding enables us to continue and extend our provision to offer a wider variety of opportunities for children to engage in competitive sport as well as promoting a culture of inclusiveness, which enables access to PE for all children. We work with local clubs and organisations to ensure that will offer high quality provision for PE both within the curriculum and through after-school clubs.
PE and Sports Premium funding is used to improve the following 5 key indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Please click on the button below to read our Sports Premium Funding Report 2017-18