Our children are only at school for a relatively short time. PTA events such as the Fireworks or the Fun Run will be remembered fondly by our children for a lifetime. The equipment and resources the PTA helps to fund make learning even more engaging. Help us continue to create lasting memories for our children.
To find out how YOU can get involved with Twyford St Mary’s PTA email: firstname.lastname@example.org or ask the school office to put you in touch.
The current PTA committee is:
Details to follow shortly
Twyford St Mary’s PTA depends on a continual cycle of parent involvement. As children reach their final year and leave, so do their parents. The teachers and head support us when possible, but without all your support, we have no PTA – WE REALLY DO NEED YOUR SUPPORT.
The PTA is a mixture of parents/carers that work together for the benefit of Twyford St Mary’s. Some are full-time parents, some work part-time or work full-time. NONE of us are specialists in fundraising. Taking an active role with the PTA will benefit your children’s success. Here’s some of the reasons why:
- You are vital to the success of the school
- Schools are becoming more and more dependent on their PTAs for funds. Each year the PTA raises between £10 and £15k allowing the school to invest in things like:
- Subsidies on school trips for every child
- Extra equipment throughout the school (e.g. large screen in the hall, laptops etc)
- The Outdoor Classroom
- Class Christmas parties and leavers parties
- One off events
- Without the funds raised by the PTA, your child would not get the benefits of:
- The annual village Fireworks
- Regular Discos for the kids
- The Christmas and Summer Fairs
- The Twyford Trail Run
- Movie nights
- The School Uniform exchange/shop
- Big Breakfasts
- And of course cakes on Fridays!
- It’s TOTALLY flexible!
- There are a variety of small ways you can help and be involved – from helping out on a stall or stewarding an event to being a PTA class Rep or using your particular finance, marketing, organisational or other unique skill to help run things behind the scenes …so many ways.
- Any time you have available is great; you can help with an event or you help on a regular basis. If everyone could spare 30 minutes a term to help, just think what we could achieve!
- You don’t have to attend PTA meetings – you can use our contact details to send in ideas for discussion.
- You’ll feel more connected
- There’s no better way to know what events are being planned, have your say or make new fundraising suggestions, than by offering your help and support.
- You’ll get to know other parents/carers and teachers/support staff on a more familiar basis.
- You’ll be part of a great network
- Every PTA event is an opportunity to meet other parents in the same situation as you.
- You will be part of a like-minded network of people who all share a common goal of improving the school for all our children.
- Make a difference
- By volunteering to help the PTA, you’ll be able to use whatever skills you have for a noble cause.
- Our PTA strive to establish a supportive and encouraging community for the entire school
- We’re not just for mums!
- It’s important to our PTA, our school and our pupils to have dads represented on our committee and to help reach out to other dads
- Be a role model
- By getting involved with our PTA, you’ll show your children that not only are they important to you, but their education is as well.
- Your children will see you playing an active part in making their education more varied.
- Getting involved illustrates good teamwork and community spirit.
- What the PTA does affects every parent/carer (and pupil)
- Your voice matters – the PTA is made up of people elected to represent you, so help us to do this effectively.
- Your ideas and involvement can help improve the quality of education for all the children at our school.
- See the smiles on their faces and know that you have played a part in making school a little more comfortable and fun!
- It’s fun!
- Help plan fun events, socials and get-togethers
- Suggest NEW fun ways to raise funds